Saturday, May 21, 2016

Research that Benefits Children and Families—Uplifting Stories

My simulation title for this course has been on poverty in children. I cannot help but to notice that children who (I knew during my childhood days) grew in neighborhood which has low socioeconomic status got involved in a lot of social issues while growing up. Most of them end up with a family of their own and it is no different from the one they grew up with hence it is a vicious cycle that every child born in these type of neighborhood faces the same fate and issues. I can't talk for all of them but majority of them for sure. I was looking in the internet for a research that empathized this issue. I came across an article titled "The Neighbourhood They Live In: The Effects of Neighbourhood Residence on Child and Adolescent Outcomes". Please view this article at this link: http://sfxhosted.exlibrisgroup.com/waldenu?sid=google&auinit=T&aulast=Leventhal&atitle=The+neighborhoods+they+live+in:+the+effects+of+neighborhood+residence+on+child+and+adolescent+outcomes.&id=doi:10.1037/0033-2909.126.2.309&title=Psychological+bulletin&volume=126&issue=2&date=2000&spage=309&issn=0033-2909
This particular article guides on how a research on neighbourhood can be done in the best way possible to get the ultimate results. I found this very interesting and hope you will too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment