I have always been amazed with previous job's boss style of communicating. He is very empathetic, straight to his point and very careful with his choice of words whenever he communicates to anyone. I have particularly noticed this during our intense meetings with clients whereby he needs to stand up for his team and at the same time convey the message that we need to client to understand and agree on. Most of the time he manages to do this effectively without any difficulties. I always admired this in him and always took it as an inspiration for me to portray the same communication skills. I have definately taken up after him to be more empathetic when I am communicating with others and I have seen and experienced the impact of doing so. People feel more connected and very much interested in what I have to say. For me, this is a big achievement because normally I am a very reserved and shy person who most of the time avoid communicating.
No comments:
Post a Comment