Hi Everyone,
The three local or state organizations or communities of practice that I have been closely associating myself with lately would be the following:-
1) HumanKind - http://www.humankind.my
This is a NGO who helps to promote mental health and social well being by organizing and conducting events where children and adults are able to access therapeutic care such as sand play, expressive art and so on.
I like this community of practice because I believe in what they believe in and that is the most important thing we need to care about is mental health. I have attended workshops by them and learned a lot on art therapy techniques and how I can use this creatively in my service in the early childhood field.
2) The Early Childhood Care & Education Council (ECCE) - http://www.eccecouncil.org
This is a national organization who advocates, fights and regulates everything that is necessary and crucial in the early childhood care and education. I could totally resonate with the vision and mission of this organization. This is a council that is so passionate about the early childhood field.
3) Childline
This is another national level organization who protects and at the same time undertakes to solve each and every issue that involves children. This organization enables the participation of children's rights and protection especially situation where child abuse and neglect is involved.
The reason why I chose this organization is because I am a strong advocate of children's rights. Children who have gone through trauma from early age needs lot of care. I follow the works that have been done by this organization and it is very inspiring. I wish to be able to help those traumatic children through arts and play.
At the moment, there are no vacancies in these organizations however I can be a member. The skillset I need to be a member in any of these organization is for me to have a qualification relevant to the field.
The three local or state organizations or communities of practice that I have been closely associating myself with lately would be the following:-
1) HumanKind - http://www.humankind.my
This is a NGO who helps to promote mental health and social well being by organizing and conducting events where children and adults are able to access therapeutic care such as sand play, expressive art and so on.
I like this community of practice because I believe in what they believe in and that is the most important thing we need to care about is mental health. I have attended workshops by them and learned a lot on art therapy techniques and how I can use this creatively in my service in the early childhood field.
2) The Early Childhood Care & Education Council (ECCE) - http://www.eccecouncil.org
This is a national organization who advocates, fights and regulates everything that is necessary and crucial in the early childhood care and education. I could totally resonate with the vision and mission of this organization. This is a council that is so passionate about the early childhood field.
3) Childline
This is another national level organization who protects and at the same time undertakes to solve each and every issue that involves children. This organization enables the participation of children's rights and protection especially situation where child abuse and neglect is involved.
The reason why I chose this organization is because I am a strong advocate of children's rights. Children who have gone through trauma from early age needs lot of care. I follow the works that have been done by this organization and it is very inspiring. I wish to be able to help those traumatic children through arts and play.
At the moment, there are no vacancies in these organizations however I can be a member. The skillset I need to be a member in any of these organization is for me to have a qualification relevant to the field.
Hi Pushpa,
ReplyDeleteI was unfamiliar with the first two organizations that you chose and enjoyed reading about them. Humankind sounds like a great, and much needed, organization. I am always looking for more ways to support the mental health of the children in my class. All of the children in my program currently have, or have had in the past, one or both parents incarcerated. I encourage them to speak about this experience with one another and have found that children enjoy discovering that they have this connection with another child, that they are not alone. We have many mental health resources and connections in the community, but I am glad to read about another organization dedicated to the mental health of children. I'll have to check them out further!
Laura
Pushpa, thank you for your post. I have never heard of any of the organizations you listed but they all seem like great organizations to be involved with. I find that there few vacancies in the organizations that I researched, which I guess could be a great thing if that means children and families are receiving the best care. I also agree that addressing mental health is extremely important right now. I am glad to know about these agencies now, thanks again!
ReplyDelete